ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN OR A POLITICIAN? ARE YOU WILLING TO ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH? DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT.
1) A politician regards the truth as much as it is ACCEPTABLE to his audience of interest; Christians regard the truth and follow after Him, Who for truth, was DESPISED and REJECTED.
2) A politician exchanges truth for a form of godliness in order to HOLD his church together; a Christian however, understands that a man must FORSAKE all that he has to be the church.
3) Politicians maintain that fervent zeal will not keep a church together; Christians understand that without zeal for the truth, the only thing keeping a church together is POLITICS.
4) As far as church leadership goes: Politicians CAMPAIGN, Jesus ELECTS.
5) The heart of a politician REGARDS THE LOSSES involved for standing for what is right; a Christian however, counts the cost and CONSIDERS THE LOSSES AS DUNG, that he may gain Christ.
6) Politicians do or do not do what is true because others are either doing or not doing it; Christians do what is true REGARDLESS of others.
7) Politicians fear losing; to Christians, loss is Christ’s gain.
8 ) Politicians COMPROMISE to keep their reputation and love the praises of men. Christians strive to honor God and are as the SCUM which the world scrapes off their shoes.
9) Politicians act after they have discerned where everyone else is at. Christians act once they have discerned where Christ is at.
10) A politician studies what is needful in order to be esteemed among those whom he esteems in order to appear pious and wise; Christians however, study to follow the UN-ESTEEMED CHRIST Who was made unto them wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.
DEAR FRIENDS: THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL NEVER FIND REST IN A POLICTICAN, BUT ONLY IN A CHRISTIAN.