ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN OR A POLITICIAN? ARE YOU WILLING TO ALLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH? DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT.
1) A politician regards the truth as much as it is ACCEPTABLE to his audience of interest; Christians regard the truth and follow after Him, Who for truth, was DESPISED and REJECTED.
2) A politician exchanges truth for a form of godliness in order to HOLD his church together; a Christian however, understands that a man must FORSAKE all that he has to be the church.
3) Politicians maintain that fervent zeal will not keep a church together; Christians understand that without zeal for the truth, the only thing keeping a church together is POLITICS.
4) As far as church leadership goes: Politicians CAMPAIGN, Jesus ELECTS.
5) The heart of a politician REGARDS THE LOSSES involved for standing for what is right; a Christian however, counts the cost and CONSIDERS THE LOSSES AS DUNG, that he may gain Christ.
6) Politicians do or do not do what is true because others are either doing or not doing it; Christians do what is true REGARDLESS of others.
7) Politicians fear losing; to Christians, loss is Christ’s gain.
8 ) Politicians COMPROMISE to keep their reputation and love the praises of men. Christians strive to honor God and are as the SCUM which the world scrapes off their shoes.
9) Politicians act after they have discerned where everyone else is at. Christians act once they have discerned where Christ is at.
10) A politician studies what is needful in order to be esteemed among those whom he esteems in order to appear pious and wise; Christians however, study to follow the UN-ESTEEMED CHRIST Who was made unto them wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.
DEAR FRIENDS: THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL NEVER FIND REST IN A POLICTICAN, BUT ONLY IN A CHRISTIAN.
Post a Comment
“Reason dictates that persons who are truly noble and who love wisdom will honor and love only what is true. They will refuse to follow traditional viewpoints if those viewpoints are worthless...Instead, a person who genuinely loves truth must choose to do and speak what is true, even if he is threatened with death...I have not come to flatter you by this written petition, nor to impress you by my words. I have come to simply beg that you do not pass judgment until you have made an accurate and thorough investigation. Your investigation must be free of prejudice, hearsay, and any desire to please the superstitious crowds. As for us, we are convinced that you can inflict no lasting evil on us. We can only do it to ourselves by proving to be wicked people. You can kill us—but you cannot harm us.” From Justin Martyr's first apology 150 A.D. Martyred A.D. 160